Operations Manager (Full-Time)
We are passionate about what we do and our high standards! We’re looking for someone with the same mind-set as us, someone with a passion for the outdoors (must be an active climber and kayaker), a lover of extreme sports with oodles of enthusiasm and experience to join the team and help us become even better. This is a lifestyle and not just a job! If this sounds like you then read on…
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join the team at Hatt Adventures, based from our outdoor shop in Brighton Marina.
This is a great opportunity to take on a key leadership role within our busy and exciting outdoor adventure company. We are committed to running high quality adventures, skills courses and trips. We are an environmentally aware company, committed to minimising our impact on the environment in all aspects of our business.
The role includes both administrative and instructional elements along with recruiting, training and developing new staff, and designing new activities and adventures. You will be expected to work on your own and run teams of staff both within the office and in the outdoors.
You should be a well-qualified outdoor instructor with a strong background in managing staff, delivering outdoor activities and excellent administrative, communication and computer skills.
- Mountain Training - Rock Climbing Instructor.
- British Canoeing - L2 Kayak / Paddlesport Leader.
- Up to date logbooks demonstrating experience and currency of qualifications and best practice.
- First Aid (16hr Outdoor specific).
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).
- Previous Senior Instructor or Management Experience.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong management skills, working with other staff and managing their workloads.
- Excellent office administration skills including planning and organising.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in computers (ideally Macs) / internet / emails / word / excel.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with customers / corporate clients / booking agents / complaints (not that we get many of these).
- Support the Director with business strategic planning.
- Managing budgets / account processes.
- Coordinating / rota staff and instructors.
- Writing our monthly newsletters.
- Marketing products / courses / events.
- Social media campaigns.
- Interviewing and hiring additional staff.
- Staff training, reviews, appraisals.
- MT - Mountain Leader.
- BC - Course Provider.
- PCV (D1) Driving license.
- Rope Access Qualification.
What We Offer
We offer you the chance to become involved in this dynamic and expanding company. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and who wants to progress the business as we have many great plans for the future!
Staff Equipment Discounts
We offer a staff discount scheme on all equipment sold through the shop.
As well as staff discounts on equipment, you will be able to attend all of our courses free of charge or at cost price. We will also help with any third-party job specific training where relevant to your job role.
28 days per year.
£30-34,000 per annum depending on previous experience and qualifications. Pay is reviewed yearly depending on performance and growth of the business.
40hrs (normally 9-6pm) with 1hr for lunch over 5 days per week (including weekends) . You will also act as ‘duty manager’ on days off.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org