We are recruiting experienced Climbing Instructors and Rope Access Technicians to join our resident abseil team operating from the 85-metre high abseil platform.
We are looking for confident outdoor enthusiasts, who are customer focused and have an affinity for inspiring people as this unique location provides a genuine extreme adventure
With stunning views across Portsmouth and the Solent, we will be working with clients who use the event as a platform to raise funding for their charities, alongside corporate events and the general public.
Technical training will be provided over two days covering the range of skills needed to ensure you can run a safe, professional and memorable experience.
We are recruiting for the following roles:
- Responsible for safely managing clients throughout the abseil and liaising with Spinnaker staff.
- Assist the Lead Instructor in the rigging of abseil setups safety management procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service during abseil experience.
- Provide the bridge for effective communication between Spinnaker staff and the Abseil team.
- Responsible for providing a welcoming and reassuring face of the abseil experience.
- Manage clients kitting up and de-kiting using correct fitting procedures.
- Responsible for ground safety management.
- Greet customers as they reach the ground after their abseil and detach from the ropes.
- Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI)+ / Rope Access (IRATA Level 1)+.
- Current First Aid qualification.
- Excellent people skills.
- A green and environmentally friendly ethos with a passion for the outdoors.
- Current DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
What We Offer
We are also keen to help instructors progress their knowledge and will assist with CPD opportunities in other disciplines. Our Instructors are entering a network of enthusiasts so there will be a regular opportunity for staff trips. Trade discounts on equipment purchased through our shop.
£120-£160 depending on the job, your role, experience and qualifications.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org