COVID update - 3rd of November
Currently, all of our group trips and courses have been suspended until the restrictions on group size lift.
We will be paying close attention to government guidance and will resume as soon as appropriate. For regular updates subscribe to our newsletter.
Pre Lockdown guidance
As an organised Sports operator we are following the governments ‘COVID secure’ policies.
All providers of sport and recreation are now allowed to reopen if they feel ready and deem it safe enough to do so.
We fall under this category and have taken all necessary steps to reopen and operate responsibly and safely. We understand the seriousness of the global situation and want to assure you we are creating solutions for the future.
How we are running safe courses with Covid-19 in mind
We have passed Visit England's 'Good to Go' process with regards to our 'Covid Secure' policies and procedures in addition to this we have:
- Reduced group sizes – We have reduced the maximum size of our groups to ensure we can space out.
- Thorough cleaning - All equipment will be cleaned before your course in accordance with manufactures guidelines and where possible clients will each be provided with personalised equipment.
- Adjusted teaching methods - We have changed the way we teach or guide to ensure a safe distance between staff and clients.
What we ask of you
- Health - If you are showing any symptoms have been in contact with anyone suspected of having the coronavirus or contacted by the NHS Track and Trace service please do not attend the course.
You will be able to send a Substitute Participant in your place (as per our terms and conditions).
- Respect - Please be mindful that other clients may have different experiences and concerns to yourself.
- Equipment - We will provide you with any equipment you need, however, if you have your own please do bring it with you. Instructors will check to ensure it is suitable before use.
- Hygiene - The majority of our courses and trips take place in wild locations and there aren’t normally any facilities available to wash in. We advise everyone to bring their own hand sanitizer with them.
In these strange times, everyone is adjusting, instructors may do things in different ways and so things may not run as smoothly as they normally would.
All bookings effected by the government-imposed national lockdown restrictions (November) will be honoured and clients will be contacted to make alternative arrangements. After this rearrangement all bookings will be subject to original terms and conditions.
- Will I need to wear a mask and gloves? - No, the government guidance on this is very clear and there is no need in an outdoor setting. "The evidence suggests that wearing a face-covering does not protect you, but it may provide some protection for others you come into close contact with if you are infected but have not developed symptoms.".
Masks however should be worn when in environments where customers are in a confined space or unaviodable close proximity. If you wish to wear a face-covering we are happy to accommodate you.
- Are there toilets I can wash my hands etc? - No, the majority of our courses and trips take place in wild locations and there aren’t normally any facilities. We advise everyone to bring their own hand sanitiser with them.