COVID update - March 2021 (We're OPEN)
The government have a roadmap for letting businesses return.
From March 29th we will again be taking to the great outdoors to clear the cobwebs
As an organised outdoor sports operator, we are following the governments ‘COVID-19 Secure guidelines', and have taken the necessary steps to reopen and operate responsibly and safely.
If you have any queries do contact us.
How we are running safe courses with Covid-19 in mind
We have adapted our policies and procedures to ensure they meet the 'We're good to go industry' standards in addition to this we have:
- Reduced group sizes – We have reduced the maximum size of our groups to ensure we can space out.
- Thorough cleaning - All equipment will be cleaned before your course in accordance with manufactures guidelines and where possible clients will each be provided with personalised equipment.?
- Adjusted teaching methods - We have changed the way we teach or guide to ensure a safe distance between staff and clients?
What we ask of you
- Health - If you are showing any symptoms have been in contact with anyone suspected of having the coronavirus or contacted by the NHS Track and Trace service please do not attend the course.
You will be able to send a Substitute Participant in your place (as per our terms and conditions).
- Respect - Please be mindful that other clients may have different experiences and concerns to yourself?
- Equipment - We will provide you with any equipment you need, however, if you have your own please do bring it with you. Instructors will check to ensure it is suitable before use.
- Hygiene - The majority of our courses and trips take place in wild locations and there aren’t normally any facilities available to wash in. We advise everyone to bring their own hand sanitizer with them.?
Let your instructor know if you have any queries on the day.
All bookings effected by the government-imposed national lockdown restrictions (December - March) will be honoured and clients will be contacted to make alternative arrangements. After this rearrangement, all bookings will be subject to original terms and conditions.
- Will I need to wear a mask and gloves? - No, The Government recognises that there is a lower risk of airborne transmission in outdoor environments, so while we will ask all clients to respect physical distancing we will not insist on the weathering of masks. Part of outdoor pursuits is us encouraging you to make a personal judgement on risk. If you wish to wear a face-covering we are happy to accommodate you.
Masks, however, should be worn when in environments where customers are in a confined space or unavoidable close proximity.
- Are there toilets I can wash my hands etc? - No, the majority of our courses and trips take place in wild locations and there aren’t normally any facilities. We advise everyone to bring their own hand sanitiser with them.